Please be aware that some residents have reported receiving scam emails claiming to be about a 'Council Tax Refund'. A genuine notification will not ask you to click on a link within the email, and any email asking for personal details would come directly from a member of the Council Tax team with a welhat.gov.uk email address. 

Please do not click on a link within, or submit any personal details in response to, an email which you suspect may not be genuine. If you require further clarification about an email please contact the Council Tax office on 01707 357000 or c.tax@welhat.gov.uk. For more advice and information on fraudulent emails please visit the gov.uk website.

Changes of your address or circumstances

You must notify the Council Tax section of your new details.

Complete our change of address form if you are moving into the borough or changing your address.

Complete our change of circumstances or occupancy if:

  • someone has moved in or out of your property meaning that your entitlement or discount has changed,
  • you are now entitled to a discount or exemption, or your entitlement has come to an end, for other reasons.

If you are unsure whether you need to tell us about your change of circumstances then please contact us or view Discounts and Exemptions.

Powered by GOSS iCM